Massimiliano Pollavini, owner of the website of “Pollavini & Altop Law Firm” (pollavini.it), having its seat in Milano, via Fratelli Gabba 5, in its capacity as data controller regarding the processing of personal data pursuant to the Italian applicable law on data protection pro tempore in force and the EU Regulation 679/2016 – General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (hereinafter Italian Data Protection Law and GDPR are collectively referred to as “Applicable Law”)
- recognises the importance of personal data and considers their protection as one of the main objectives of its activity,
- carries out the processing of data protection in accordance with the principles of lawfulness, fairness, transparency, accuracy, purpose and storage limitations, data minimisation, integrity and confidentiality,
- processes your personal data in accordance with the legislative provisions of the Applicable Law and of the confidentiality obligations included therein.
- Is intended for the website www.pollavini.it (“Website”) whilst it does not apply to other websites that could potentially be accessed by clicking external links;
- Is to be construed as an information notice pursuant to Section 13 of the Applicable Law, intended for those who interact with the Website;
- Is in conformity with Recommendation n. 2/2001 related to the minimum requirements for online data collection in the European Union, adopted on 17 May 2001 by the Article 29 Working Party.
1. DATA CONTROLLER
Pursuant to the Applicable Law, the data controller of the processing activities carried out through the Website is Mr. Massimiliano Pollavini, lawyer, who is contactable for any information relating to the processing of personal data at the following address: email@example.com
2. PERSONAL DATA SUBJECT TO PROCESSING
“Personal Data” mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
By means of the Website, the following Personal Data are collected:
A. Browsing data
The computer systems and software of the Website collect some Personal Data, the transmission of which is an integral part of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with you but, by its very nature, it may allow you to be identified by processing and associating it with data held by third parties. Among collected Personal Data there are IP addresses or domain names of the devices used by you to connect to the Website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) of requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received as a reply, the numeric code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters regarding your operating system and device environment.
These data are used exclusively for the purposes of obtaining anonymous statistics on the use and proper functioning of the Website to control its correct functioning; to enable to correctly provide the various functionalities to you, as well as for security reasons and to ascertain any liability in cases of alleged computer crimes against the Website or against third parties and they will be deleted after 7 days.
B. Data provided on a voluntary basis
By means of the Website you may voluntarily provide Personal Data such as name, e-mail address for subscribing the newsletter service or to contact us via the “Contact Us” form. We will process these data in accordance with the Applicable Law and on the presumption they refer to you or to third parties who have authorised you to provide them pursuant to an appropriate legal basis which legitimise the processing at stake. In this case, you act as an independent data controller, assuming all relevant obligations and responsibilities according to the Applicable law. In this regard, you hence waive, in the full sense of the term, the right to all disputes, claims, claims for damages due to processing etc., which may be submitted to Mr. Massimiliano Pollavini by the said third party whose Personal Data have been processed through your use of the Website in breach of the Applicable Law.
C. Cookie and similar technologies
Personal Data are collected using cookies. Further information on the use of cookie and similar technologies are available here
Managing contacts and sending messages
This type of service makes it possible to manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the User.
These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC.)
Mailchimp is an email address management and message sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name and last name.
Platform services and hosting
These services have the purpose of hosting and running key components of this Website, therefore allowing the provision of this Website from within a unified platform. Such platforms provide a wide range of tools to the Owner – e.g. analytics, user registration, commenting, database management, e-commerce, payment processing – that imply the collection and handling of Personal Data. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
WordPress.com (Automattic Inc.)
WordPress.com is a platform provided by Automattic Inc. that allows the Owner to build, run and host this Website.
Hosting VHosting Solution s.r.l
3. PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING AND VOLUNTARY OR OBLIGATORY NATURE OF PROVIDING THE DATA
The Personal Data that you provide by using the Website will be processed by Mr. Pollavini for the following purposes:
- purposes related to the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (e.g., contact request made by using the “Contact Us” form available on the Website, registration to the newsletter service, etc.);
- purposes related to research/statistical analyses on aggregated or anonymous data, without the possibility of identifying the data subject, aimed at measuring the functioning of the Website, traffic, usability, and interest;
- purposes related to the compliance with a legal obligation to which Lawyer Pollavini is subject;
- purposes necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data for the purposes referred to in point a) is the provision of a service or the response to a request that does not require you prior consent under the Applicable Law. The purpose referred to in point b) does not imply the processing of Personal Data, whilst the processing for the purpose referred to in points c) and d) constitutes a legitimate processing of Personal Data within the meaning of the Applicable Law because, once the Personal Data have been provided, the processing is indeed necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which Mr. Pollavini is subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Providing your Personal Data for the above-mentioned purposes is voluntary, however, any refusal to provide such data may not allow us to reply to your requests and to comply with legal obligations to which Mr. Pollavini is subject.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed, in close relation to the purposes specified above in section 3, only to:
- subjects necessary for the fulfilment of the services offered through the Website e.g., sending e-mails and analysing data, which typically process Personal Data on behalf of Mr. Pollavini as data processors;
- persons authorised by Mr. Pollavini to process Personal Data, that are committed to/or under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality (e.g., employees and lawyers) (a. and b. are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Recipients”);
- law enforcement agencies and public authorities when so required by the Applicable Law.
Some of your Personal Data are transferred to Recipients who may be established outside the European Economic Area. Mr. Pollavini ensures that the processing of Personal Data by these Recipients is carried out pursuant to the Applicable Law. In fact, the transfer of Personal Data is based alternatively on an adequacy decision or the Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission.
6. DATA RETENTION
Mr. Pollavini will process your Personal Data only for the duration necessary to achieve the purposes described in section 3. For example, Mr. Pollavini will process your Personal Data for the newsletter service until you will decide to unsubscribe. Apart from the above, Mr. Pollavini will retain your Personal Data for a period of time necessary or permitted to comply with the Applicable Law (Artt.2946 and 2947(1)(3) of the Italian Civil Code). Further information regarding the period of Personal Data retention and the criteria used to determine such period may be required writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Pursuant to and to the extent allowed by the Applicable Law, you have the right, at any time, to request to Mr. Pollavini access to, rectification, erasure, restriction of the processing concerning your Personal Data or to object to relevant processing activity and to receive in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format the Personal Data concerning you.
Personal Data Management
You can always get information on your personal data stored by this website, sending an email to email@example.com or using this form Request Personal Data
Pursuant to the Applicable Law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (the Italian Garante) if you believe that the processing of your Personal Data is against the Applicable Law.